PAYE workers have a four-year time limit for claiming income tax refunds.
If you want to claim tax credit/relief and get the refund for 2017, you need to submit your claim to Revenue by 31st December 2021.
For other years, deadlines are as follows:
- Tax year 2016 – 31st December 2020,
- Tax year 2017 – 31st December 2021,
- Tax year 2018 – 31st December 2022,
- Tax year 2019 – 31st December 2023,
- Tax year 2020 – 31st December 2024.
The quickest and easiest way to make your claim is available through Revenue online services myAccount.
Source: Revenue online services